The European startup ecosystem is full of interesting and exciting news, twists and turns. At EU-Startups, our aim is to keep you informed on everything that’s going on and share the inspiring entrepreneurial spirit this continent has to offer. From big funding announcements, duocorns picking up pace, to new partnerships and conscious collaborations – there’s never a dull day!
This week, the platform helping companies give better gifts to their teams, meat alternatives hitting the shelves and exciting new launches!
Launches and Expansions
- FINOM, the B2B fintech platform for SMEs and freelancers, launched in the Netherlands.
- Flight Story, the communications group founded by Social Chain’s Steven Bartlett and Oliver Yonchev, launched its very own first-of-its-kind talent acquisition platform and community; Flight Talent.
- &Open, the platform delivering better gifts at scale for companies that care announced the UK launch of its on-demand platform – making it easy for businesses to send unique gifts to their teams this holiday season
- Einride launched in Benelux in partnership with AB InBev. This comes hot on the heels of Einride’s launch in Germany earlier this year, firmly cementing its presence in Europe
- Siteflow, offering cloud-based field operation management software for highly regulated industries, announced its UK Expansion with the opening of a new office to reinforce its UK presence and ensure closer support of existing UK clients.
- limehome, Europe’s leading hospitality technology provider and operator of fully digitalised design flats, continued its European expansion course with a contract signing in Portugal
- Ark Kapital announced the launch of its growth forecasting platform AIM to the founder community. AIM has been used by ArK Kapital to identify and track companies with durable growth and forecast their future cash position, to ensure they can pay back the loan provided by the tech lender.
- Recast, the revolutionary, subscription-free streaming platform launched ‘Data Profile’, a unique feature providing fans complete control over how their personal data is shared with advertisers on Recast, rewarding those who choose to share their data.
- British fintech Atlantic Money expanded to Spain, continuing its European growth plans after launching in Belgium, Germany, Austria and Ireland.
- Brickken, the company offering a new path in business management and fundraising with tokenized equity, launched its token issuance and management platform.
- Sustainable fintech Likvidi launched an NFT collection with an interesting new functionality – these NFTs can be staked to yield carbon credits so that the user can offset their carbon footprint.
Acquisitions and Partnerships
- Milkywire and Berlin-based digital-first carbon bank CEEZER partnered up to enable companies to diversify their existing emission reduction portfolios and gain more transparent oversight
- Strasys, a decision intelligence and innovation consultancy and Silico, the business process simulation platform, announced a strategic partnership to optimise decision-making in the health and care sector.
- MANGOPAY, the leader in marketplace and platform infrastructure, and Nethone are joining forces to create holistic payments and risk management solutions. This union will provide marketplaces with advanced capabilities to prevent fraud and provide their users with safer online environments.
- Insempra, a biology-powered company enabling businesses to make better products with nature, is now collaborating with the BioInnovation Institute (BII) to accelerate and support biotech innovation.
- MOZAÏK Energies, a company active in the renewable energy sector in France and GALILEO, the pan-European renewable energy development and investment platform, have set up a strategic partnership. As part of it, GALILEO has become a 20% owner of MOZAÏK Energies.
- ICL Food Specialties has joined forces with Protera Biosciences, an AI-driven foodTech start-up and designer of novel proteins, which are used to develop sustainable, highly functional protein-based ingredients for food manufacturers.
- Swedish fintech Zimpler partnered up with Elon to offer B2B payments solutions. After going live with its new solution in March, Zimpler became the first provider in the country to offer instant B2B account-to-account payment in real-time.
- Logcast integrated with Spotify meaning that, now, artists can share behind-the-scenes content, in form of voice notes, directly to Spotify with the Logcast app, either free to stream or behind a paywall. This will create a new way for creators to make money as well as build a deeper relationship with their fans.
- Ori, a distributed cloud platform, snapped up Multy, an open-source provider allowing developers to build cloud-neutral infrastructure configurations that can be instantly replaced across any cloud.
- Isomer Capital, one of Europe’s most active fund of funds and co-investor, has appointed The European VC founders as Venture Partners to support emerging fund managers. Isomer has backed over 60 venture capital funds across Europe, including Seedcamp, Eka Ventures, Hoxton Ventures, Crane, and Credo Ventures and through its investments as an LP, Isomer counts 25 tech unicorns within its portfolio, including Deliveroo, Uipath, Revolut, and Tractable.
- BUX, one of Europe’s largest neobrokers, announced the acquisition of the retail brokerage arm of Spanish neobroker Ninety Nine.
- Metaverse startup Hadean is now working with Microsoft Azure to power the digital transformation of the defence industrial base with scalable, interoperable, and secure cloud-based military training capabilities.
Milestones and Insights
- Juicy Marbles’ latest product, the whole-cut plant-based beef loin has now hit supermarket shelves in Spain, just in time for Christmas
- Nutritech startup Novella is opening a new chapter in climate-resilient environments through nutrient cultivation. Addressing the growing demand for botanical micronutrients, this novel platform will help boost global accessibility to high-value nutraceuticals.
- CLUP.chat is the very first solution from CLUP.life (Club GLOBALS partner) and will make WhatsApp, Telegram and Signal group chats interoperable, one of the key demands of the Digital Markets Act. CLUP.chat is currently early access and free of charge
- Planisy is a new product from Zurich-based Dizmo, an Award-winning innovator in the Integration Platform-as-a-Service (iPaaS) space focused on “Future of Work” solutions.
- Qubit Pharmaceuticals, a deeptech company specializing in molecular simulation and modelling using quantum physics, has announced the creation of a platform to accelerate drug discovery using hybrid classical and quantum computing built on NVIDIA Quantum Optimized Device Architecture (QODA)
- Payconiq Luxembourg has launched a new inclusive campaign to celebrate the holiday season. it will donate €1 to the charities Caritas Luxembourg, Fondation Cancer or Île aux Clowns for every payment made with Payconiq in-store, and, throughout December, teams from the firm will run a gift-wrapping campaign to raise donations
- WaterBear Network, the digital publisher and streaming platform dedicated to the future of the planet, has been accredited with full B Corp status, making it the first free streaming service to achieve the certification, with a score of 126.6
- Peak announced its 5th seed fund with €150 million lined up for early-stage SaaS, marketplace, and platform founders across Europe. The 15-year-old firm operates from its offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, and Stockholm.
- Neuralfinity picked up €75k grant from IFB Hamburg – an Innofunder programme that supports local startups