Why Should Web 3 Startups Launch on Product Hunt?
Product Hunt was initially made for web 2 startups, and became the largest database of new products for the tech-savvy global community. It was founded in 2013 and has since become a popular platform for product creators to showcase and share their products with a wider audience. But just a few people know that nowadays it has a rapidly growing web 3 and crypto community that is hungry for new products.
On Product Hunt, products are organized into categories such as “Apps,” “Websites,” “Hardware,” and “Games,” and are presented in the form of short descriptions and demos. Users can browse and discover new products, upvote their favorites, and leave comments and feedback for the product creators.
Product Hunt also has a newsletter and a podcast, as well as an active online community of product enthusiasts and creators who discuss and share their experiences with new products.
Ready to get noticed
by crypto VCs?
Make your first step towards growthing your idea – create a profile on InnMind!
What are the benefits of launching on Product Hunt?
Launching an MVP on Product Hunt can become a hidden treasure for Web 3 startups in a number of ways, stimulating significant growth. Amongst the possible ‘pros’:
Users and early adopters
Product Hunt has millions of daily active users: creators, developers, investors, executives and IT-geeks are checking it out regularly. Posting your product on Product Hunt will let many people find your app and try it out.
Product Hunt users are known for being vocal and providing honest feedback on products. This can be especially valuable for Web 3 startups, which may be working on new and untested technologies or business models.
Product Hunt is a great place for startups to connect with other founders, investors, and potential partners. If you get well-prepared for PH launch, you can become “the product of the day (or week, or month)”, which usually generates a LOT of extra traction, traffic, mentions, backlinks and even gets your product featured in the media.
Being featured on Product Hunt can be a validation of a startup’s product and can help attract attention from potential customers, investors, and media.
Overall, launching on Product Hunt can be a life-changing experience for Web 3 startups to gain exposure, get valuable feedback, and potentially validate their product and business model with minimum resources and zero budget involved.
The Successful Launches on Product Hunt
Some examples of startups that have launched on Product Hunt and achieved notable success include:
- Buffer: A social media management tool that launched on Product Hunt in 2013 and has since grown to over 75 million users.
- Front: A collaborative email platform that launched on Product Hunt in 2014 and has since raised over $160 million in funding.
- Notion: A productivity and organization tool that launched on Product Hunt in 2016 and has since raised over $200 million in funding.
- Figma: A collaborative design and prototyping tool that launched on Product Hunt in 2013 and has since raised over $450 million in funding.
How Do You Launch Successfully on Product Hunt?
Despite thousands of successful launches and success stories, launching a product on Product Hunt can be a challenging and competitive process, as there are often many products being submitted for consideration on any given day. However, with careful planning and preparation in advance, it is quite possible to make this campaign a true success.
Here are some tips that may help you increase the chances of a successful Product Hunt launch:
- Plan ahead: Make sure to give yourself enough time to prepare and optimize your Product Hunt listing. This may include creating a compelling product description, gathering any necessary materials (e.g., demo videos, screenshots), and recruiting supporters to upvote and comment on your listing.
- Engage with the community: Product Hunt users are known for being active and engaged, so be sure to respond to comments and questions, and participate in discussions.
- Use social media: Post in social media to promote your Product Hunt launch and drive traffic to your listing.
- Focus on your unique value proposition: Make sure to clearly communicate the unique value of your product and how it stands out from competitors.
- Keep it simple: Avoid overwhelming users with too much information or too many features. Keep your product description and demo focused and easy to understand.
Complete Guide How To Succeed On Product Hunt Launching
InnMind’s comprehensive guide answers common questions, dispel myths, and share best practices so that you can be well-prepared for your launch.
To access a detailed step-by-step plan (with hour-to-hour timeline at the day of launch), assets, examples and tips on how to make the maximum out of your product launch – download InnMind Product Hunt Launch Guide. With the full guide you will get access to actionable tips, including preparation steps and actions to support your listing on publishing date, marketing assets and list of platforms to promote your launch.