Do you also have multiple tabs open while collecting data for analysis before an important meeting? Do you have to search multiple applications to find your file and copy-paste the data from the file into the master database?
Also, not all the file types would be editable. In that case, convert, edit, and save. It sounds like a lot of work because it is!
All of this can be handled by data entry software. Data entry software can capture, transform, and sync data across multiple applications in real time, so you have no data discrepancies. But how to find a great data entry solution for your team?
This article will compare the top 10 data entry software and find your organization’s best software.
What is data entry software?
Data entry software captures data from one data source and plugs the transformed data into the required database or software,.
Data entry software can automatically capture data from incoming invoices and update the paid invoice information in Salesforce.
Data Entry software makes life easier by automating the most tedious part of any job, copying or scraping data from one interface to another. In addition to enabling you to extract data, it can also help you to create charts and interactive dashboards and draw insights at lightning speed.
Nonetheless, using spreadsheets for data entry can be considered ideal, the amount of time it takes to feed each bit of data by hand can make things incredibly tedious and leads to many mistakes. In addition, each spreadsheet is classified on the computer and can not be accessed by numerous employees across the corporation. In several ways, using spreadsheets to feed data is more reasonable than keeping that data in a hard-bound pad.
A better way to deal with data is to use data entry software to automate the most tedious, error-prone manual processes.
Data entry software facilitates the processing of invoices, completes time-intensive workflows, and generates sales orders. But that is not the story’s climax; you must use data automation software that fits your requirements and can swiftly categorize, capture, and validate data.
Taking all the components listed above, the top 10 data entry software in the market in 2023 offers unique characteristics to suit different corporation needs.
Top data entry software for advanced automation in 2023
Nanonets is an AI document automation software that can automate manual data entry processes with no-code workflow automation.
Nanonets can extract data from PDFs, documents, and handwritten documents using in-built OCR software with 95% accuracy. Nanonets also integrates with 5000+ applications via API and Zapier.
This makes Nanonets a perfect choice for data entry software. With the best OCR software and advanced workflow, Nanonets can seamlessly capture data from incoming sources and export transformed data flawlessly with in-app integrations.
Nanonets is the best choice for businesses looking to automate their manual document processes with secure document storage and advanced workflow management capabilities.
With the easy-to-use interface, you can automate any manual process in <15 minutes.
Rating: 4.9 on Capterra
Best For Manual Data Entry Automation from documents to ERP, Accounting software & Databases
- Automatically structure and extract data from forms, documents, PDFs, scanned documents, and handwritten documents with a few clicks.
- Capture unstructured data from any document with 95% accuracy.
- Automate data entry processes with workflows. You can also automate approval processes, invoicing, and expense management.
- Perfect for data enrichment or data enhancement.
- Migrate data or integrate data from 5000+ applications with easy API connections and Zapier.
Pros of using Nanonets
Nanonets has helped over 500+ enterprises improve their data entry processes while reducing their costs and time required and improving productivity.
Docparser is a comprehensive document management solution for small industries and enterprises. Document parsing is conducted using a clear built-in text recognition or OCR engine. The pre-processing capacities comprise image processing, cropping, resizing, and auto-rotation.
- Supports QR scanning and barcode recognition, and OCR.
- Cloud-enabled sharing through Google Drive or Dropbox.
- Custom Parsing capacities.
- Multi-lingual support.
Pros of using Docparser:
- Intuitive Platform
- Good for template-based data extraction
Cons of using Docparser:
- No phone support
- Costs increase exponentially for large batches
- Not great for new types of documents
- Quality is highly dependent on the quality of images. Fuzzy matching could be better.
- Handwriting text recognition isn’t accurate
#3. FoxTrot RPA
Foxtrot RPA is another data entry software that can automate data entry processes using RPA workflow automation. Foxtrot RPA adds intelligent automation to automate manual tasks by observing keystrokes or mouse movements.
Additionally, the data entry system can simplify data capture, data wrangling, and export for non-technical users. Also, with Foxtrot RPA, you can effortlessly receive your excel data without encountering any missing fields.
- Benefits image capture
- Fit and merge your data
- Delivers a complete catalog of mathematical formulas
- Stimulates data management capabilities like discovery, data cleaning, and retrieval
Pros of using FoxTrot RPA:
- Automate PC data entry processes with a screen recording feature.
- It allows you to custom code, SQL, and PowerShell, which expands its functionality.
Cons of using FoxTrot RPA:
- Lacks integrations into Adobe, SharePoint, and other products
- Getting data into the system is difficult
- Needs improvement in execution and control
- Doesn’t work properly with browsers
Docsumo is a document processing solution that facilitates operation teams to extract data accurately.
Pros of using Docsumo:
- Simplistic UI.
- Customizable OCR API.
Cons of using Docsumo:
- The API documentation must comprise more details.
- UI should be more intuitive.
- A complex reporting system would make it better.
- Docsumo doesn’t process handwritten papers.
#5. Nintex RPA
Nintex RPA is a cloud-based data entry system to automate manual procedures as well as data assignments.
Pros of using Nintex RPA:
- Foxtrot provides extreme flexibility in actions against disparate networks.
- Simple interface which does not need substantial prior knowledge to operate.
- Friendly and intelligent customer service agents.
Cons of using Nintex RPA:
- License expenses can be costly if you build multiple forms and workflows.
- Lacks major data integrations
- The software requires rigorous testing for its templates.
Docupilot is a document automation software. Docupilot allows you to create documents from intelligent templates and sends the documents as email or to your favorite apps like Dropbox, DocuSign, and Zapier.
Pros of using Docupilot
- Best for document generation
- Integrates with Microsoft Office
- Easy to Use
Cons of using Docupilot
- Outdated UI
- Not apt to edit the document on the outlet; instead, editing in Word on the desktop and then uploading
- Adds a little time to the overall distraction.
- Better if more integrations are available
- The UI of the product is not up to the mark
Klippa delivers automated document management, classification, processing, and data extraction solutions to digitize paper documents in your organization. Klippa can automatically extract data, classify, convert and verify documents with document workflows.
Pros of using Klippa:
- Great OCR API
- Extremely fast to setup an MVP
- Assistance can develop specific document templates
Cons of using Klippa:
- Customization options are limited.
- Can’t configure OCR models by themselves.
- OCR recognition is not up to the mark
- Making bulk adjustments is tricky
#8. Google Document AI
Google Document AI utilizes machine learning and natural language processing to automatically process documents. Document AI uses deep-learning neural system algorithms to recognize character, text, and image recognition in about two hundred languages with incredible accuracy.
Pros of using Google Document AI:
- A simplistic user interface assures seamless navigation.
- Decent decision-making with document data.
- Automate data to improve the efficiency of workflows.
Cons of using Google Document AI:
- Customization of prevailing libraries and modules is boring and takes time and experience.
- Lacks advanced features
- Absence of assistance for Python and many other coding languages.
- The API expenses add up rapidly during the setup procedure.
Grooper is a document automation and processing platform that helps industries in the expertise of finance, healthcare, legal and other areas. Grooper processes and extracts data from several sources, such as MS Word documents, PDFs, emails, and additional digital sources.
- Data archiving
- Data supply chain management
- Image processing
- Data profiling
- Data discovery and extraction
- Natural language processing
- Data quality control
Pros of using Grooper:
- Feature-packed software
- Very little downtime
- Image recognition is great.
Cons of using Grooper:
- Outdated UI
- Difficult to navigate
- OCR results are inaccurate frequently.
- Not for small businesses
- Need to know programming to use the software
The best data entry software
We’ve looked at all the best data entry platforms in the market today. There are many notable mentions like Jotform, Zoho, and Veryfi. We’ve compared the features of the top 10 data entry software companies in the snapshot below:
Our best picks for data entry software are:
Must-Have Features of Data Entry Software
Once data arrives in your network, it must be organized in a way that makes it beneficial and efficient. Data classification equipment will do this for you, seizing the data you enter and restoring it into a layout that will be more useful for your future use and examination.
Nanonets can classify documents, expenses, and data on the go. See how.
Sometimes you are not just manually feeding data but instead required to take poorly structured or unstructured data sources and turn them into something useful. Data extraction devices can enable you to take unstructured data and process and categorize it to utilize it in your industry.
Nanonets can extract data with 95%+ accuracy. Try it for yourself.
Data cleaning seizes an occurring set of data (record set, a table, database, etc.) and scans through it to examine for specific stipulated errors, blank spots, and inconsistencies.
Data validation is a procedure conducted during data entry, assuring that the data will not require to be cleaned later by assessing it as it is entered initially. In exercise, this implies tools in the system will ensure that you are averting common data entry errors and that your data is correct and valuable.
Some industries need to stock visual data as much as text-based data. For those corporations, specific data entry networks will enable you to scan in images stored with the remaining of your data. In expansion, some advanced document scanning software can scan physical data sets and spreadsheets and convert them into valuable data in your system.
Almost all devoted data entry software will enable you to build custom forms that will inquire about the critical data required to arrive in the system. Autofill elements can make filling the forms easier and less redundant, while they can also be used to check for apparent or common mistakes. The software will take the data into these forms and restore it into more detailed, classified layouts for better storage and examination.
Dealing with data entry tasks manually takes a lot of time and effort. And even after all that effort, the final output might be riddled with errors. Intelligent automation platforms like Nanonets simplify the data entry process by automatically capturing data from incoming sources and updating the transformed data into required applications in real-time.
If you have similar requirements, feel free to contact our automation experts. You can set up a free consultation call with our team, where the experts will demonstrate how Nanonets can automate manual processes at your organization at a fraction of the cost.
Read more about data processing on Nanonets:
Which is best software for data entry?
Here is the list of the best data entry software in 2023:
- Nintex RPA
- FoxTrot RPA
- Document AI
What applications are used for data entry?
You can use the following data entry applications to automate data entry in your organization:
- Nintex RPA
- FoxTrot RPA
- Document AI
How to select the best data entry system?
Other things to take into consideration when selecting the best data entry software for your industry may include:
Data entry software networks are generally specialized for particular industries. You will need to seek out a dealer geared toward your specific field to buy software that is particular to your necessities.
For instance, if you are a medical exerciser, you would not discover much use for data entry software optimized for law companies. This will be your prime concern when selecting the right dealer and software system for your industry.
Integration With Other Systems
No matter how rapidly and efficiently you can feed it into your PC, your data will be unnecessary if you are not apt to do something productive with it. This implies that you want to be extremely sure that you will be able to transport the data you have entered into your other industry software to evaluate it and use it.
You must check with dealers about whether their software will incorporate what you are already using (or plan to buy) for other characteristics of your business.
For many industries and teams, data is compiled while on the go, whether on an industry trip or just a one-time discussion away from the office. That data is essential, though, and requires it to be in your computer network as soon as feasible.
Suppose your corporation frequently discovers this to be the case. In that case, you will want to be sure that you buy data entry software that enables you to capture or enter data from tablets or smartphones effortlessly.
Cloud-Based vs. On-Premise Software
As newly as a couple of years ago, on-premise software was preferred. This implied that, after you bought the software, you had to have the area, IT reserves, and information to house the hardware for that network at your place. This was both inconvenient and costly.
Fortunately, the leading software today is hosted through the cloud, and the dealer harbors the hardware while the software is budgeted with you over the internet. Some industry-level software and business packages still use on-premise housing for processing power and speed.
Still, hosting your software through the cloud is usually much more helpful (and far less expensive in money, time, and IT resources) for small or medium businesses.
10 May 2023: The blog with relevant, fresh content was updated on 10 May 2023.