In today’s digital world, images are everywhere; from LinkedIn carousel posts, WhatsApp forwards, and client emails, images are becoming a norm for communicating information across channels. But what if you need to extract text from an image?
That’s where image to word converters come in. Image to Word conversion tools helps you convert image files into editable word files.
In this blog, we will see 3 ways to easily convert images to word files. So, let’s dive in!
Challenges while converting image to word document
Converting an image to word document should be easy using any OCR software, right? No. There are a lot of challenges involved in converting an image to word document. Here are some situations where you may encounter low accuracy while converting image to word:
- Poor image quality image with low resolution & fuzzy characters
- Using handwritten or cursive text in the image
- Multi-lingual text images
- Skewed or distorted images
- Images with complex tables
In most cases, if you present such images, you may not get the correct results. Platforms like Nanonets use AI-based OCR engine, which reduces the errors while you’re extracting data from images that are fuzzy, distorted, skewed, or of low resolution using advanced ML & NLP algorithms.
3 ways to convert image to word
Using an online image-to-word converter
Need to convert a single image to text without signing up or paying fees? You can try a free image to text converter in 3 simple steps.
- Open Nanonets’ image to text converter tool
- Upload your images and click convert
- A text file is downloaded automatically
Pro tip – You can copy-paste your text directly from the screen itself. If you have tables in your image, you can try the image to excel converter tool. This tool will convert your text and your tables into excel format and you can easily copy and paste it to the document of your choice.
Method #2. Using automated OCR software
Image to text tool works well if you have 3-4 images daily or a small bunch. But what if you need to translate 100s of images to text regularly, an automated OCR workflow platform like Nanonets comes to the rescue.
Nanonets is an AI-based OCR software that can extract text from images with 98%+ accuracy, which means you don’t need to keep editing the text after copy-pasting it from the file. Let’s see how you can use Nanonets to convert receipts into text format.
You need to have an account to use Nanonets. You can create a free account and log in to convert images to text automatically:
- Open your account and select the type of document you want to extract text from. You can create a custom model if you can’t see the document type.
- Upload the images and wait for the platform to extract text.
- Once uploaded, open the image to check if the extracted text aligns with your expectations.
- Export the data as a word, text, or CSV file.
Once you’ve followed the rules for 10 documents, you can set it up on autopilot. The platform will automatically extract text from your images and convert your images into editable text.
Here’s a demo of how receipt OCR works on Nanonets:
Method #3. Using Google Drive
Let’s consider you have an image and you want to extract text from the image using Google.
Step 1: Upload the image on Google Drive. Here is the image I’m uploading. I expect the output to contain “Put document collection on autopilot”.
Step 2: Right-click the image. Select Open with > Google Docs
Step 3: Wait for some time as Google drive OCR works. A new document will open text in the image at the bottom.
Convert complex images to text format instantly using Image to Text converter. Try it for free.
How to automate Image to Word Conversion with Nanonets?
Nanonets is an AI-based OCR workflow automation software. It can easily convert all your images into editable word documents on autopilot, and it’s easy to get started.
First, you need to create an account on Nanonets. You can start a free account on the platform using your email. Once done, log in. Here, I’ll extract data from a receipt screenshot that I have.
- Login into the account and open the receipt document model.
- Upload your receipt and wait for it to be uploaded.
- Once uploaded, you can check all the extracted data on the right. Once satisfied, click on export data.
You can automatically extract data to word files using API. See how you can do it.
Nanonets is the best choice for image to word conversion because:
- 98%+ accuracy of an image to word conversion
- Supports multi-lingual documents in over 40+ languages
- Can be used for skewed, distorted or fuzy images
- Can extract text from handwritten documents
- Offers free trail
- 24×7 support for all users
Need more help? You can contact our automation experts, who will understand your use case and set up workflows for you. Or, feel free to try Nanonets using our free trial.
Why do you need to convert images to word documents?
Images are a great way to view information, but editing an image needs complex tools.Plus, all you need is the text from the image right? So why not just extract text from the image directly? Image to word conversion tools help you do just that.
Let’s look at more reasons why you might need to convert images to word:
- Images can’t be searched. Text-based documents are easier to search using keywords. When you convert image into word, you can search for the text when you need using simple search.
- How would you collaborate on an image? Word documents are easy to share and collaborate on. Everyone can access, edit and comment as required without needing expensive softwares.
- Converting important business document images to text can help preserve the information contained in the documents. Text-based documents are typically easier to store, organize, and maintain than images.
Overall, converting important business document images to text can make them easier to edit, search, collaborate on, and access and help ensure their long-term preservation.