A 5/5 review scoring game that has now been enhanced for next-gen consoles and includes a host of DLC? There’s not much to dislike about The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition.
Available right now on Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5 and PC is the newly enhanced The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition – the ultimate way to experience the much beloved RPG.
A game that we whacked with a 5/5 score back in 2019, as we complimented the great branching story, the superb visuals and brilliant RPG elements, The Outer Worlds comes to town as the Spacer’s Choice Edition on Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5 and PC, with higher resolution graphics, a dynamic weather system, overhauled lighting and environments, improved performance and load times, enhanced details on characters, an increased level cap, and much more in tow.
It awaits spacers who bravely and boldly carve their path through the conspiratorial Halcyon colony, as that Space’s Choice Edition delivers the base game, and two DLC drops in Murder on Eridanos and Peril on Gorgon the way of players.
In all, key features include:
- • It’s The Outer Worlds you love, but even better: 2019’s hit RPG has been remastered with better graphics, improved performance, additional animations, higher-res environments, and more.
- • Increased level cap: A higher level cap means even more ways to build your character from the seven branches of the skill tree.
- • The player-driven story RPG: In keeping with the Obsidian tradition, how you approach The Outer Worlds is up to you. Your choices affect not only the way the story develops, they also affect your character build, companion stories, and end game scenarios.
- • Lead your companions: During your journey through the furthest colony, you will meet a host of characters who will want to join your crew. Armed with unique abilities, these companions all have their own missions, motivations, and ideals. It’s up to you to help them achieve their goals, or exploit them to your own ends.
- • Explore the corporate colony: Halcyon is a colony at the edge of the galaxy owned and operated by a corporate board. They control everything… except for the alien monsters left behind when the terraforming of the colony’s two planets didn’t exactly go according to plan. Find your ship, build your crew, and explore the settlements, space stations, and other intriguing locations throughout Halcyon.
Obsidian Entertainment, Private Division and Virtuos think it’s the ultimate way to play The Outer Worlds and what’s more, should you own the game and the DLC on Xbox One, PS4, or PC, you can upgrade for a reduced store price of £5. Failing current ownage, just hit up the Xbox Store, the PlayStation Store or your favourite PC drop (Steam, GOG, Epic, Windows) and pay the £49.99 needed to take home the full The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition. You’ll find some decent discounts in place should you be subbed up to Xbox Live Gold and PlayStation Plus.
Let us know what you decide to do.
The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition is the ultimate way to play the award-winning RPG from Obsidian Entertainment and Private Division. Players who already have The Outer Worlds and its associated DLC, Murder on Eridanos and Peril on Gorgon, for Xbox One can upgrade to The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition for Xbox Series at a reduced purchase price.* To enable the upgrade purchasing option: • Players who have all of the DLC for The Outer Worlds and the digital version of the base game for Xbox One must be signed into an Xbox Series console using the same Microsoft Account they used to purchase the base game and its associated DLC for Xbox One. Players who have The Outer Worlds via their Xbox Games Pass subscription are not eligible for the upgrade.** You’ve tried the rest, now come back for the best! The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition includes the base game and all add-on content as the definitive way to play the beloved RPG from Obsidian Entertainment. This remastered masterpiece is optimized to be the absolute best version of The Outer Worlds… even if you choose to play this critically acclaimed RPG as the absolute worst version of your character. Lost in transit while on a colonist ship bound for the edge of the galaxy, you awake decades later only to find yourself in the midst of a deep conspiracy threatening to destroy the colony. Explore the various planets and locations of Halcyon, including the mysterious Gorgon Asteroid and delightful distilleries of Eridanos. As you encounter various factions, all vying for power, the character you decide to become will determine how this player-driven story unfolds. In the corporate equation for the colony, you are the unplanned variable.