Sold as a visual novel with JRPG influences and anime inspiration, Mato Anomalies has now released on Xbox, PlayStation, Switch and PC.
Priced at £34.99 for the Standard Edition from the Xbox Store (similar pricing should be available on other formats) or a £39.99 Digital Deluxe Edition with added DLC including soundtracks and art books, Mato Anomalies has been put together by the Arrowiz Games team, published by Prime Matter.
It plays out as a turn-based RPG, one that mixing visual novel elements and anime inspired visuals as players take control of a couple of antagonists on the hunt for secrets. These guys are Doe and Gram, a detective and mysterious exorcist respectively, and it’ll be up to you to help them go about matters through the city of Mato, uncovering the most hidden of secrets.
The finest clues await an uncovering, but splattered in and amongst those are a host of battle sequences, each of which will require unique strategies in order to find success. With the chance to chat away to a host of NPCs too, and discover what is hiding within various factions, this is a tale that promises much.
The key features of Mato Anomalies on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch and PC include…
- DUAL PROTAGONISTS – Take control of not just one, but two very distinct protagonists. Gather intel and knowledge to unravel the mystery behind the city of Mato as the private detective Doe, or venture into rifts and battle demonic abominations as the mysterious exorcist Gram.
- ANOMALIES – Find clues throughout Mato by talking to NPCs, taking on missions and visiting shops to pinpoint Rifts, portals to the demonic creatures attacking the city. Enter at your peril and defeat them in battle and collect abundant rewards.
- WILL JUSTICE PREVAIL? – Insidious factions are somehow involved in the dark fate befalling Mato. Can our heroes find out what’s going on? Or will they themselves fall victim to despair?
- BAND OF MISFITS – The enemy of your enemy is your friend. Difficult circumstances make for unlikely friendships. Find new allies during your investigations and gain their trust through conversation and shared experiences.
- SMART COMBAT – Mato Anomalies provides a unique and challenging battle experience highlighted by shared health across all team members, gear matrix and dual-talent system. A unique combat strategy will be needed if you want to succeed!
Get yourself over to the digital store of your choosing and grab a download of Mato Anomalies now. The Xbox Store will provide access to both the Standard Edition or the Digital Deluxe Edition on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S (fully optimised), whilst the likes of the PlayStation Store, Nintendo eShop and Steam pages will sort other format fans.
Can you find a way to put a stop to the most dark of forces?
Mato Anomalies is a turn-based RPG that takes players on a journey across Mato, a fantasized neo-futuristic version of a bygone oriental city. Take control of the Dual Protagonists Doe and Gram to investigate strange anomalies around the city, or venture into rifts to battle demonic abominations determined to bring about the city’s downfall. Team up with unlikely companions and unravel the dark secrets in this story of Duty, Hope and Justice.