A collaboration like no other, the whole Dead Cells experience is taking another step up today with the launch of the Return to Castlevania expansion.
Available to purchase, download and drop into the Dead Cells base game right this very minute is the Return to Castlevania DLC expansion; an addition to the game which seems to fit better than anything else we have ever seen before.
It’s priced at £8.39 as you take the new ideas put forward by Evil Empire and Motion Twin to build out the Dead Cells base game that you already own – and you do already own it right?, for it’s a game we hit with a big 5/5 in review. For that money you’ll find access to a DLC drop that adds in some of the most iconic characters from Castlevania, as the inspiration behind one of the finest games of recent years gets drawn in.
More weapons await those looking to traverse the Return to Castlvania lands, as do secret rooms, a whole new storyline, more epic boss fights and some superbly reimagined sounds. In fact, taking the key features of Dead Cells: Return to Castlevania as read, there’s pretty much everything that any Dead Cells or Castlevania fan could want…
- WIELD CLASSIC CASTLEVANIA WEAPONS – Unlock 14 iconic weapons such as the Vampire Killer, Throwing Axe & Holy Water to decimate Dracula’s bestiary of monsters and finally the dark lord himself. Each item has been translated into the fast-paced combat of Dead Cells while keeping their original essence.
- EXPLORE EVERY CORNER OF DRACULA’S CASTLE – Secret rooms. Flame-lit corridors. Gloomy tombs. Beautiful paintings. Food hidden in the walls. Full of original monsters from the series, such as harpies, werewolves & haunted armors, the character of the iconic castle will transport you into the realms of gothic fantasy.
- ENJOY CLASSIC & REIMAGINED MUSIC – We’re giving you access to an alternative soundtrack made of 51 of the original Castlevania tunes, that can be heard across the entire game. Yes, 51! On top of this, we’ve taken the 12 most iconic tracks, such as Vampire Killer, Bloody Tears and Simon Belmont’s Theme, and reimagined them in the style of Dead Cells as a soundtrack for this DLC, while preserving the Castlevania ambiance of course.
- DISCOVER A NEW STORYLINE – Richter Belmont and Alucard will be by your side throughout your quest to vanquish Dracula, helping you to navigate the maze of Dracula’s Castle and providing you with strong weapons (sometimes willingly, sometimes not). However, where there is good there is evil, so watch out for powerful foes who will try everything in their power to stop you from reaching the throne room.
- MASTER THREE EPIC BOSS FIGHTS – Fight against the very essence of evil in two intense duels versus Death and Dracula, both set against a majestic backdrop. If you can survive these gauntlets, prepare yourself for our most ambitious boss showdown yet…
- UNLOCK CASTLEVANIA CHARACTER OUTFITS – Unlock 20 outfits as you progress through the castle, letting you roleplay as all your favourite characters like Alucard, Richter Belmont, Simon Belmont, Maria Renard, Trevor Belmont, Sypha Belnades or even Dracula himself
If supernatural slaying is your thing and you need a new Dead Cells fix, then we’d urge you to go and drop the cash on a Return to Castlevania. Alternatively, if you have yet to play the game, you’re sorted there too – the Dead Cells: Return to Castlevania Bundle sits at £26.24 from the Xbox Store, delivering the base game and the new DLC. It’s playable on both Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S too.
Expect to find this on other platforms too.
The inspiration behind it all returns to its 2D action roots! Castlevania’s unforgettable characters & gothic setting meet the fast-paced combat of the award-winning roguelite Dead Cells in this unprecedented collaboration. A gateway to a striking castle has suddenly appeared, and an imposing warrior called Richter asks you to help him vanquish the great evil within. Enticed by the promise of new loot rather than a sense of moral duty, you strike out through the grounds and corridors of the gothic castle to find and kill this mysterious Dracula… Slay hordes of his supernatural minions as you progress through our biggest DLC yet, including two levels, three bosses and a new storyline!