‘Critically acclaimed on PC’ usually equates to a console release occurring at some point in time. That’s the case for Teardown as it is unveiled for Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5.
From Tuxedo Labs, Teardown has picked up some serious hype since launch on PC through Steam about a year ago. In fact, it sits with ‘Overwhelmingly Positive’ reviews in place – some 65,000 of them. It’s also nabbed a ton of other awards – Excellence in Design at the Independent Games Festival, for instance.
Perfect for console
Teardown has now been confirmed for launch on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5, as the fully destructible sandbox heist game gets set to launch later in the year. And when it does hit, Tuxedo Labs and their publishing friends at Saber Interactive promise much.
You’ll be seeing the base game drop in, with a 40-mission story campaign at the centre. The Art Vandals expansion, special level challenges, the Sandbox Mode and more will also arrive. What’s more, console players will discover all the best mods that have popped up in PC world, as well as console specific UI and haptics for PS5 controllers.
If you are unaware of Teardown, then let us fill you in. It’s a game that will task you with pulling off the most perfect of heists, working realistic physics and a fully destructible, voxel-simulated, ray-traced world. In return, you’ll be getting all the freedom you could ever want.
Pulling off the perfect heist won’t be easy though – as we’ve recently found out in Filthy Animals: Heist Simulator and Saints Row: The Heist & The Hazardous. At least Teardown will give you the tools for the job. Expect an arsenal of items that will help you smash down walls, create shortcuts and more. Just be prepared for a bit of improvisation when things go a little awry.
To plan the heist of your dreams, Teardown will be providing the following in key features…
- Plan and execute the perfect heists with emergent, physics-based gameplay, fully destructible voxel environments, and realistic simulations for debris, fire, water and more.
- Create your own unique solutions to any challenge with a range of tools, including sledgehammers, blow torches, explosives and more, plus vehicles like cars, excavators, loaders, plows and cranes.
- Full story campaign and expansion: Take on 40 missions of escalating stakes in the main campaign, plus even more action in the bonus “Art Vandals” expansion.
- Sandbox mode: Play around with unlimited resources and an abundance of vehicles. Spawn in objects and experiment with your full set of tools. No pressure, just pleasure.
- Curated mods: Discover new maps, scenarios, mini-games, tools, vehicles and other creations with a curated collection of the community’s best mods at your fingertips.
- Enhanced for consoles: Experience haptic feedback on PlayStation®5 DualSense controllers and revamped UI for greater ease of use on consoles.
Check out the trailer for Teardown on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 right now. We’ll loop you in once a fully confirmed release date is known. And don’t forget, you can play Teardown on PC through Steam right now if you wish.