18 April 2023
At the Power, Control and Intelligent Motion (PCIM) Europe 2023 trade fair in Nuremberg, Germany (9–11 May), Navitas Semiconductor of Torrance, CA, USA is introducing and displaying an expanded portfolio of gallium nitride (GaN) and silicon carbide (SiC) power products.
In exhibition booth #525 (Hall 9) visitors can discover how GaN and SiC deliver the performance, functionality, reliability and ease-of-use demanded by next-generation electric vehicles (EVs), solar, energy storage, home appliance and industrial drives. Highlights include GaNFast power ICs that integrate GaN power, sensing and control in a single device, and robust, high-voltage, high-efficiency GeneSiC silicon carbide optimized for reliable operation in harsh-environment, high-power designs.
“Navitas’ demonstrations, papers and panel discussions provide critical insight into how next-generation GaN and SiC deliver power-conversion and fast-charging solutions that could reduce global CO2 emissions by as much as six Gigatons per year by 2050,” says Alessandro Squeri, senior director for European sales.
Navitas is participating in the following conference sessions:
- ‘GaN Power ICs Drive Efficiency and Size Improvements in BLDC Motor Drive Applications’ by Alfred Hesener, senior director, Industrial Applications (11.40am: GaN Devices Session, Brüssel 1);
- ‘GaN Power ICs Enable 300cc 700kHz 300W AC–DC Converter’ by Tom Ribarich, senior director strategic marketing (11.40am: Power IC Session, München 2);
- ‘GaN-based High-Frequency, High-Power-Density, 2-in-1 Bi-directional OBCM Design for EV Applications’ by Bin Li, senior applications manager, for Minli Jia Sr, staff applications engineer (Power Electronics for Electric Cars Poster Session, Foyer, NCC Mitte).
- ‘Wide Bandgap Design with GaN HEMT and Vertical GaN’ (panel) by Stephen Oliver, VP corporate marketing & investor relations (1:05pm, Hall 7, #480).
- ‘Reliability and Quality Requirements for SiC and GaN Power Devices’ (panel) by Stephen Oliver, VP corporate marketing & investor relations (12:10pm, Hall 7, #480);
- ‘High-Frequency High-Efficiency LLC Module with Planar Matrix Transformer for CRPS Application Using GaN Power IC’ by Bin Li, senior applications manager (2:20pm, DC–DC Converters Session, Brüssel 1).